Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Why Everyone Needs A Stylist

Before coming to work for bebe, I always had a passion for fashion. I spent time working in retail as a manager of a shoe store. I worked the wedding circuit for a few years, spent a little time in Jewelry. I have always been a makeup and shoe whore. Until I started with bebe I thought I shopped on my own just fine. I always put my looks together from head to toe completely on my own. It didn't dawn on me until about 2 months into my job at bebe how little I knew about my personal style. I didn't have a style. I wore a little bit of everything and that was okay with me.
Over the past two years I have grown a lot as a fashionable adult. I have worn things out of my comfort zone and I have liked it. You would have never seen me in a white lace skirt, cowboy boots, or an oversized sweater. (All for their own random reasons in my little head) Now I wear all three together whenever the mood strikes me and I LIKE it.
Anyone who has never had a personal stylist, I challenge you to try it. Someone to put you in things that might be outside your comfort zone. Someone who has spent hours upon hours looking at clothing. They know what will fit your body type, go with your skin coloring, and be appropriate for whatever occasion you might be looking for. Get rid of fitting room frustration, by having someone by your side to fetch your sizes, accessorize your looks, and show you how versatile your pieces can be.
Take this shirt for example: Totally simple, comfortable, easy to wear.
bebe
Probably you would figure out to wear this top with jeans on your own, probably figure out that you could wear it with leggings and little booties. You would put a chunky necklace with it yourself but what about outside the box?

But would you pair it with this?
BCBG Max Azria
This skirt will look fabulous with this top. Tuck in the blouse to this high waisted pop of color. You can add a belt to define your waist, and all of a sudden you have a gorgeous date night outfit. You look put together, and like you know exactly what you are doing in the closet ;) Also, as a redhead I would never wear a red top. (some rules I just can't get over) But I would rock this bandage skirt in a heartbeat.

Would you have also paired it with these shorts?
Sanctuary

I love these, obviously minus the belt and granny shoes. Put the blouse on with these shorts, a cut out bootie or strappy black sandal, and then you have a great outfit for dinner with friends, or a day of shopping. Wear the top off the shoulder, gently tucked into the front of the shorts, and a strappy leather bracelet and you have a last minute outfit you can wear for just about anything!

Does your wardrobe consist of a bunch of tops that you feel you can only wear with one or two other items in your closet? A skirt you only wear with a certain jacket. Shoes for only one dress. That's what stylists are here for. Don't be afraid. Bring the clothes you already own to bebe at Bridgestreet, and I can find you 10 other things to wear it with. :) PROMISE. Except your hammer pants. None of that.

1 comment:

  1. I am loving the navy blue & coral/pink trend this spring!! I can't wait to give it a shot :)

    ReplyDelete