Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pregnant Women I Admire

As most of you who are my friends know, I have always been on the fence about having children. I'm not sure if it is for me. I know I have great motherly instincts, I love babies, but it is something about giving up my youthful freedoms and let's face it... my youthful body. I like the fact that Joe and I can run off and do anything we want, whenever we want, and the only people we have to answer to are our employers. It's refreshing. While everyone that we went to high school with has 1-3 children and need a sitter to go out of town we have the option to do anything at whim. It's romantic, and I love it. That's why you guys have heard me go on and on about my 5 year plan. I want to be married by 25 to have a baby if I so choose by 30. Mainly for the health of my child, because children born to parents who have been married for a significant amount of time grow up in a more stable household. The parents have taken care of most of their relationship issues by then and can focus on being better parents. Also children born to younger mothers are healthier, so while I want to take my time, I don't want to be 35 or 40 and having children. (no offense to older mothers, but you were obviously warned of the risks if you chose to get pregnant)

That being said I can say that if I do have children there are a list of women on my pregnancy role model list. Yes. I have a list. Everyone who plans on having children should have a pregnancy or parental role model. It gives you something to work towards. So here is my list, and why they are on my list.

1. Rachel Zoe
We all know by now that I worship all things Rachel Zoe. She is my all time pregnant role model, as well as role model in general. I just lucked out that she finally got pregnant and led a fabulously successful pregnant life so that I could put her on this little list! She launched a line while pregnant for goodness sake. ENVY. Not only that her full term bump was less than what I look like when I eat a big dinner. I have delicate bone structure... I can dream. Since then she has turned her little boy into a empire, designing baby clothes. Little Skyler is someone to be jealous of too. Before his first birthday he's already been to Paris Fashion Week. (hate him) and has an 80,000+ nursery. But enough about lucky little Skyler. I admire Rachel for keeping her fabulous style while pregnant, I plan on being 8 months pregnant and in 6 inch heels and (faux) fur. Oh. and vintage Chanel... Because "Chanel is everything."


2.Victoria Beckham
Victoria Beckham is a pregnancy pro. Mom to three boys and now a beautiful little girl, she got more graceful with every baby. Her pregnancy with Harper (who's name I love, and will probably fight Joe if we have a little girl to name her Harper) was just totally beautiful. Not only did I admire her body and style while she was pregnant... did you see that wardrobe... but I admired her and David's passion for each other. I love that David thought his wife was the most beautiful woman in the world while she was pregnant. (probably because she was) She also wore her own designs all through her pregnancy. She rocked little black dresses, skinny jeans, and leather all throughout her pregnancy, which happen to be my everyday staples too. Let's just hope if I ever get pregnant my legs stay small enough to FIT in skinny jeans. 



3. Alessandra Ambrosio
The reason I wrote this blog in the first place. Most of you in the fashion world have already seen the article about Alessandra modeling for Colcci over the weekend. Miss Ambrosio was strutting the runway proudly displaying her baby bump and she looked fabulous. This is her second baby, and the most shocking part of it all is she was pregnant while filming the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. I'm sorry. Anyone who can walk onstage in nothing but a bra and some panties pregnant and no one even can tell... You get my vote for pregnant woman of the year. Obviously she is showing a lot more nowdays, but she looks absolutely beautiful on the runway once again. This is one mommy who isn't letting her career fall to the wayside over a little baby bump. She is confident in herself and her body, and that is what sexy really is.


With that being said of course there are everyday people who we all aspire to be like, celebrities are just the references that I can make that we can all understand and relate to. But if I had to pick a future pregnancy role model I'm pretty sure it will be Dawn Cassizzi. :) All this baby talk makes me think about what my future pregnancy style might be. I'm pretty sure it will be some pretty fabulous Rachel Zoe inspired outfits... If Rachel Zoe only wore bebe everyday....


1 comment:

  1. Great post! :) I love the name Harper as well!

    ReplyDelete