Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Where are you Christmas?

I have been racking my brain for weeks trying to figure out what to get my best friend for Christmas. Caitlin and I have been best friends since high school, and not just anything would do. I thought "oh, let me buy her shoes" because that's obviously what I would buy myself for Christmas. *shoe whore* But that wasn't very personal. Then with the brainstorming of my boyfriend and his best friend we came up with "oh! let's get her a massage." But then I remembered it's Caitlin and I'm not sure if she would even bother to schedule it to use it! So here I am. A week and a half before Christmas and no present under the tree...

Well... on the Mantle. I didn't have space for a tree this year. Blame my boyfriends blue couch! But I promise not one of those says Caitlin... Since I obviously didn't have a present!
So one night super late I was on Facebook, (shocker right) and a friend of mine from Middle School was online. She is now a wonderful photographer, and shoots beautiful pictures of babies. I was like BINGO! Genevieve is getting closer and closer to a year old with no true professional pictures. So (luckily) Laura had an opening for Sunday. There began the plotting to let Caitlin borrow her child on her day off. Which is no easy feat I might add! 
Finally we convinced Caitlin to bring Genevieve to lunch with us, Joe's mom, and best friend, and let us take her "shopping" for her Christmas surprise after! Little did she know that in the car we had stollers, blankets, a whole new wardrobe, and props. We headed downtown because the feel that I wanted for the pictures was soft and vintage. (yes... the stylist in me never sleeps. I have been buying her all new clothes to fit my vision for the last week.) 
We head to the park, and thanks to the boys we made it safely with all of our props and clothes and Genevieve in a great mood.  I think we had the most amazing turn out. Thank you to Joseph Hunkapiller, Dorothy Hunkapiller, John Gates, and of course LAURA RAE PHOTOGRAPHY for such a wonderful time. I hope Caitlin cherishes these memories forever and knows how much we all love her. I can't wait to see what Laura comes up with to shoot with Caitlin for their Mommy/Daughter Shoot. 
Now the whole reason you wanted to see this post.... Courtesy of Laura Rae Photography:














No comments:

Post a Comment